Radiology Lab Tech - Atrium Health Carmel Family Physicians - South Charlotte - PRN
Job ID: 689381
Charlotte, NC, United States
Date Posted: Dec 29, 2020
Performs basic radiologic exams utilizing radiation safety practices to provide a high quality examination. Performs venipuncture procedures and waived testing.
- Performs routine radiologic exams in accordance with the department standard operating procedures.
- Participates in procedure verification/universal protocol in the absence of a registered nurse.
- Checks requisitions for physician notes and/or special instructions. Consults with radiologists and physicians as necessary.
- Performs certain diagnostic laboratory tests as ordered by physician. Collects and prepares specimens for transport to lab for procedures not performed at the specific facility.
- Selects proper technical factors on an individual patient basis and demonstrates correct anatomical positioning skills.
- Operates equipment as directed by demands of individual exams.
- Maintains patient records including obtaining STAT reading, updating, retrieving file jackets and proper charging of exam.
- Assists with inventory, ordering, and distribution of supplies and pharmaceuticals excluding controlled substances.
Requires strenuous physical activity of walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching and bending. Must be able to lift 75 pounds in the handling of patients, medical equipment and supplies. Must speak English fluently. Must possess an intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch and finger dexterity. Must have the ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and/or clinic conditions.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Graduate of a formal Radiology Program or 5 years experience with radiology/laboratory in a hospital or office setting. Previous office experience performing x-rays, phlebotomy and waived testing procedures preferred.