Medical Technologist III - LCI Cell Processing Lab- FT Days
Job ID: 818761
Charlotte, NC, United States
Date Posted: Dec 29, 2020
Performs laboratory analysis on received specimens, providing clinical information for diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases. Responsible for overall quality, efficiency, and safety in the performance of assigned technical duties.
- Demonstrates proficiency and follows testing procedures and policies by adherence to quality assurance guidelines for equipment and work area, documenting corrective action to any non-conforming event.
- Conducts internal collaboration through teams as an expert resource in problem solving and implements solutions that improve test systems, teaching and mentoring others during the process.
- Actively participates in laboratory accreditation activities, including internal audits and outbound accreditation inspections.
- Maintains clear, real time communications shift-to-shift with co-leadership regarding issues, concerns and problems which affect the operation of the department.
- Participates as a laboratory instructor, guest lecturer or in-service educator.
- Participates in competency assessment program based on proven experience.
Works in a fast paced clinical environment. Works in an area which contains bio hazardous (infectious) materials along with chemical, fire, and mechanical hazards. Duties may involve standing, walking, stretching, stooping, bending and lifting light (20 pound) to moderately heavy (50 pound) loads.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree MT(ASCP) or MLS(ASCP) or equivalent required with three years completed as a Medical Technologist III. Completion of all requirements specified under MT/MLS III Advancement Program with annual verification of these requirements. ?