Tissue Typing Specialist - Immunology - FT
Job ID: 665221
Charlotte, NC, United States
Date Posted: Dec 29, 2020
Performs and supervises routine, complex, and special Laboratory procedures. Recognizes unusual results and difficulties while performing, supervising, or implementing procedures and makes required corrections. Teaches others the performance of routine and special procedures. Monitors for quality, efficiency, and safety in the performance of technical functions and for the proper handling of specimens, supplies and equipment.
- Updates procedures in the section policy and procedure manuals.
- Assesses the urgency of a test and uses this assessment to prioritize the workload.
- Analyzes test results for critical values and immediately reports and documents.
- Prepares specimens for testing, verifies patient identification on samples and requests before testing, and applies rules of specimen rejection and arranges for recollection.
- Uses and maintains equipment and instruments used in test performance and in work area. Performs minor troubleshooting.
- Prepares reagents for test performance.
- Calculates, reports, and records test results with accuracy.
Works in a busy environment around physicians, technologists, and other hospital teammates. Works in an area which contains biohazardous (infectious) materials along with chemical, fire, and mechanical hazards. May be required to stoop, reach and lift light (20 pound) to moderately heavy (50 pound) loads.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's degree in life sciences required. Master's degree, ASCP or ABHI Registered Technologist with a minimum of 2 years of experience in histocompatibility testing or flow cytometry preferred.