RN/Call Center - Atrium Health Mint Hill ROC - FT
Job ID: 780441
Charlotte, NC, United States
Date Posted: Dec 29, 2020
Assesses and directs comprehensive nursing care using telephone triage protocols. Provides and assesses effectiveness of patient family education initiatives.
- Performs telephone triage with diverse patient population.
- Assesses needed care and collaborates with patients, and others, to provide clinical solutions.
- Provides comprehensive nursing assessment in an untraditional nursing environment.
- Actively participates in team conferences and helps assess patient education needs.
- Notifies each practice, physician, and/or managed care client of all encounters with patients, parents or managed care clients regardless of follow-up needs before office opening.
- Notifies designated leadership of operational concerns.
Work requires long periods of sitting and utilizing a telephone headset. Work requires walking, standing, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift 25 pounds. Must speak English and adapt to fit the patient audience while conveying information. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, and touch. Good finger dexterity. Critical thinking skills and ability to concentrate in a fast-paced environment with numerous interruptions. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient or call center conditions.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing required. BSN preferred. Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina required. Must apply for and maintain a South Carolina Registered Nurse license and any other Registered Nurse licenses from states that new clients may reside in. Experience in telephone triage, pediatrics and ED triage is desired. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.