Driver II- Charlotte Distribution Center-FT-2nd Shift
Job ID: 727861
Charlotte, NC, United States
Date Posted: Dec 29, 2020
Operates up to 28 foot straight box truck vehicles in a safe manner following federal, state, and local motor carrier safety regulations. Delivers supplies, linens and other couriered type items to various related facilities. Responsible for loading and unloading goods in a safe acceptable manner.
- Maintains vehicles in a neat, clean, orderly and fueled condition.
- Maintains contact with supervisor for delivery instruction updates.
- Operates all vehicles in a safe and secure manner including securing and stabilizing all goods being transported and using seat belts.
- Maintains confidentially of all patient and resident information.
- Obtains proper signatures as needed.
Must be able to drive for extended periods of time. Must be able to push or pull carts and pallets with loads up to 700 pounds, and lift and carry up to 70 pounds. Considerable walking, standing and a wide range of body movements including stooping, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling. Inside work areas subject to high level of noise, heat, humidity and undesirable odors. Must be able to drive vehicles safety in all types of weather.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Valid NC or SC Drivers license with no moving violations in the last 3 years; at least 1 year experience in a related capacity. DOT physical required every 2 years or as needed. Must complete the 4 hour defensive driving course, and attend annual 2 hour driver safety refresher course.