Clinical Informatics Coordinator
Job ID: 783361
Charlotte, NC, United States
Date Posted: Dec 29, 2020
Serves as a facility liaison between the patient care team and Information Services to coordinate, plan and monitor the adoption and use of Canopy and other healthcare technologies in operational processes. Components of this role include assisting with implementation, support, adoption, and optimization of Canopy and other associated technologies.
- Serve as a liaison between clinicians, facility leadership, Canopy Governance Committees, various clinical committees/workgroups and Information Services.
- Assist in the planning, design, development, implementation, support and ongoing optimization of Canopy and other technologies. Monitor, audit, and report on adoption process to identify trends. Collaborate with appropriate teams to formulate corrective actions for identified needs.
- Assume leadership role in identifying and coordinating change efforts, including communication, change readiness assessment, gap analysis, education, workflows and policy and procedural changes.
- Assist with analysis and documentation of current state / future state. Collaborate with Information Services and vendor teams to ensure clinical system build is in alignment with standardization and future state workflows.
- Participate/lead initiatives to educate, train, and provide ongoing educational support to clinicians regarding the use of Canopy and related technologies.
- Work with key customers to develop strategies, manage change, and maintain compliance of best practice workflow.
- Participate in facility and corporate committees and/or projects as clinical informatics expert.
- Maintain knowledge of clinical workflow; Canopy and other healthcare technology functionality and capabilities; current trends and issues in healthcare; regulatory and accreditation requirements; meaningful use requirements; organizational policies and procedures; legal implications of the EHR and advances in technology.
- Participates / attends appropriate informatics-focused conferences, user forums, and professional events.
Requires frequent contact with all levels of personnel. Involves walking, standing, sitting, and driving. Must speak and understand English fluently. Intact sense of vision and hearing required. Lifting requirements up to 10 pounds of weight.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing or related clinical degree/certification in respiratory therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, pharmacy, clinical nutrition or other related health care field. Minimum of a BSN required for nurses placed in the position. Registered nurses in the role must have current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner in the state in which you work and reside or; if declaring a National License Compact (NLC) state as your primary state of residency, meet the licensure requirements in your home state; or for Non-National License Compact states, current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner required in the state where the RN works. Formal education in Clinical Informatics preferred. Certification in informatics required for RNs and must be achieved within two years of hire date or eligibility date. If certification is unavailable in other clinical fields, ongoing continuing education within informatics is required. Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required. Demonstrated ability to be self-directed with excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal, leadership and project management skills.