Patient Nurse Navigator/Anson
Job ID: 773441
Wadesboro, NC, United States
Date Posted: Dec 30, 2020
Serves as an advocate for Anson patients and act as liaison between the patients, physicians, and other care providers. Coordinates the support and care of patients to include education and appropriate activities to help determine the patient's interdisciplinary needs. Increases public awareness of medical care through community outreach.
- Coordinates non-clinical care throughout the patient's treatment and develops tools to ensure high quality, cost effective continuum of care is provided to all patients.
- Coordinates multidisciplinary care planning with medical staff and healthcare team which includes assessing the emotional, social, dietary and financial needs of the patient.
- Maintains knowledge of facility, community and national agencies and collaborates with other clinical team members in assessing and supporting psychosocial needs of the patients and family members.
- Coordinates events and services for community outreach, and maintains communication with the Health Department, and other essential services.
- Assists with and participates in program development/program expansion activities, marketing efforts, and program evaluation.
- Assists in efforts to establish and nurture related Support Group meetings at Anson. Participates in facility and community based outreach activities.
- Participates in continuing education/seminars to increase knowledge in navigation areas. Promotes continual performance improvement and teamwork.
- Participates in performance improvement by collaborating with other clinical departments; meets all regulatory requirements.
- Provides language specific education, psychosocial support, and necessary resources for newly diagnosed patients pertinent to their specific disease, and their families (language specific), and coordinates appropriate referrals for those needed services.
- Ensures and coordinates new patient referrals, scheduling of exams, procedures and appointments, identifies potential gaps as well as the coordination of care for patients returning to their communities for treatment and follow-up.
- Assures patient satisfaction and identifies trend barriers to patient expedient care and will conduct service recovery as needed.
Must be able to lift and support the weight of 75 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment and supplies. Requires standing, lifting, bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling, sitting for long periods of time and walking in accordance with a fast paced work environment. Must be able to be mobile within the entire healthcare system. May be required to work during evening/weekend hours.
Education, Experience and Certifications
RN degree required. Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in North Carolina required. Excellent communication and organizational skills required. Computer skills in Microsoft Office, Power Point, and Windows based applications. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.