GI Technician - Atrium Health Pineville - FT
Job ID: 650141
Charlotte, NC, United States
Date Posted: Dec 31, 2020
The GI Technician assists in providing patient care under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse. Assists with the care of the GI patients, neonate through the geriatric years. Maintains a clean, safe patient environment and performs job responsibilities in a safe manner.
Position is at Atrium Health - Pineville.
- Assists physicians with Endoscopic procedures.
- Performs personal care for the comfort and well-being of the patient; including but not limited to assisting patients with bedpan and/or with ambulating to the restroom, transfers to bed, wheelchair and/or stretcher, turning and positioning patients. Escorts patients as needed.
- Sets up rooms for procedures including setting up computer with patient’s name and procedure, making occupied and unoccupied beds. Assists with room/unit inventory, ordering and distribution of supplies.
- Cleans endoscopes either by sterilization or high-level disinfection.
- Assists with oxygen therapy by maintenance of oxygen therapy, safety measures and care of oxygen equipment.
- Performs vital signs and documents in the medical record (pulse, respiration, blood pressure).
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stretching, stooping, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak and understand English in good understandable terms. Must have manual and finger dexterity. Physical abilities testing required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Surgical or GI Technology training required and/or NA I or NA II with Department of Facility Services required. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider from AHA required. Successful completion of the SGNA GI Associates Program preferred. Must maintain 6 educational contact hours annually in the GI field of study. Computer skills preferred.