Radiology Tech Associate - Atrium Health Union - PRN
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 832841
Monroe, NC, United States
Date Posted: Jan 19, 2021
Performs a variety of patient care duties and other professional activities as needed to facilitate patient care and treatment. Performs under the supervision of a radiology technologist. Assists in monitoring the flow of patient activities in the department.
- Performs basic diagnostic x-rays supervised by a radiology technologist.
- Identifies and assists patients with questions about procedures.
- Prepares patients for exam and ensures patient safety in the absence of the radiology technologist.
- Obtains medications, radiopharmaeceuticals, or contrast media materials as directed for administration by a licensed practitioner, authorized/certified technologist or registered nurse.
- Assists physician in the performance of diagnostic radiographic, CT and MRI procedures with administering contrast media.
- Retrieves requisitions and delivers to designated areas.
- Assists patients to restrooms or with bedpans and urinals as needed.
- Assists with administrative duties.
Requires the ability to lift and carry 40 pounds. Frequent walking, standing, bending and pushing.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED. 1 year clerical experience; Medical clerical skills preferred. Level II radiologic technology students, nursing students and NA students are excellent candidates. Venipuncture experience preferred.