Care Manager - New Hanover Psychiatric Services
Job ID: 806841
Wilmington, NC, United States
Date Posted: Dec 29, 2020
Assesses needs, plans, coordinates and evaluates services of patients with the goal of equipping and empowering individuals and families to access resources and adopt healthy lifestyles at home or in least restrictive environment.
- Works closely with hospitals, clinics, health care facilities and agency clinical and administrative personnel to ensure patient care is seamless, efficient, effective and appropriate.
- Interacts with customers, professionals, and the community to achieve continuity of care, coordination of services and to document plan of care.
- Prepares and submits agency and employee activity statistical reports.
- Makes evaluative/consultative visits in numerous settings, and provides supportive counseling and/or counseling referrals for client and family as needed.
- Develops and maintains accurate case records of each referred customer/patient and documents fully and accurately.
- Functions as liaison for patient/family in navigating the continuum of care. Serves as patient advocate.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending and stooping. Must lift a minimum of 25 pounds shoulder high. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing. Must have intact sense of sight and hearing, finger dexterity, critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in assignments.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, BSN or other clinical field required. Master's Degree in Social Work preferred. 2 years experience required in healthcare. Case Manager/Care Manager certification preferred with certification required within 1st year of employment. Excellent knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and managed care and demonstrated knowledge of proficiency in Microsoft applications required.