This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 00174971
Charlotte, NC, United States
Date Posted: Jan 15, 2021
If it’s possible, you will find it at Atrium Health—the leading community-focused academic healthcare system serving North Carolina and South Carolina. We invite YOU to discover all that we can do when we bring healing hearts, inquisitive minds and progressive visionaries together in our Telemedicine/Virtual Health team out of Charlotte,NC.
We are currently seeking full-time Family Nurse Practitioners or Physician Assistants to join our Virtual Care team.
Details of position and qualified candidate:
• Schedule: Primarily 8 and 12- hour shifts between 6am-10pm . Since our service operates 24/7/365, shifts will also vary from daytime, evening and overnight hours, which may include some weekends. holidays. Must be able to attend monthly staff meetings in person; however, are remote at this time.
• Staffing Model: Typically 1-4 APPs, depending on shift (+additional APPs during peak flu season/Covid-19)
• Number of Cases- 4 patients per hour on virtual platform, includes video and evisits
• Experience: Minimum of 4 years of APP with current experience in Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine or Urgent Care as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant required.
• Must be tech savvy and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
• Providers must have a personal laptop or desktop, webcam, speakers (if not built in) and cell phone available to use during shifts in addition to high speed internet service with a minimum of 200 mbps for upload and download to ensure video calls can be conducted successfully.
Must be comfortable treating children from newborn to 17 as well as adults (babies will mostly be seen for “Mommy questions” e.g., diaper rash, cradle cap, baby acne and our protocols do not allow us to treat kids with fever or ear pain)
The position requires a unique skill to easily and quickly determine conditions that can be seen virtually vs. what must be referred for in-person visit while staying consistent with protocols and treating as many as possible and appropriate.
When you join Atrium Health, you will be welcomed into an inclusive culture that celebrates and respects the contributions a diverse team can make together. Practice where your voice is valued, your passion for advancing medicine is rewarded, and you get the resources and support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In our nationally-renowned integrated health system, you can work alongside the most advanced minds in medicine to improve medicine, elevate hope and advance healing—for all.
Due to the volume of resumes/CV, only providers who currently reside in NC and meet the minimum 4 years of experience requirement will be considered.