PRN/Flex Pool APP for Pediatric Cardiology - LCH 8th Floor Progressive Unit & CVICU
Job ID: 00164924
Charlotte, NC, United States
Date Posted: Jan 7, 2021
If it’s possible, you will find it at Atrium Health—the leading community-focused academic healthcare system serving North Carolina and South Carolina. We invite Advanced Practice Providers to discover all that we can do when we bring healing hearts, inquisitive minds and progressive visionaries together in our Pediatric Cardiology team at Atrium Health-Carolinas Medica Center in Charlotte, North Carolina.
This APP will function independently in the inpatient hospital in collaboration with a supervising physician and other members of a multidisciplinary team for our Pediatric Cardiology/CT surgical patients on the 8th floor Progressive (step-down unit) and/or the CVICU.
- Functions independently to perform age-appropriate, disease specific history and physical examination of complex acute, critical, and chronic advanced heart failure patients.
- Rounds daily, does daily progress notes and bills.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient’s specific needs, including laboratory and radiologic testing
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities
- Determines treatment plan for patient
- Monitors the effectiveness of interventions
- Documents all patient encounters, records observations, interventions, and actions in a medically appropriate manner in the patient’s electronic medical record
- Collaborates with members of the multidisciplinary team including, but not limited to: physicians, nurses, medical assistants, social workers, pharmacists, dieticians, and financial coordinators.
- Performs chest tube removals, pacer wire removals and pediatric ICU procedures specific to the role (Chest tube insertion, central and arterial line access and intubations)
- Attends, participates, and contributes to group/practice meetings, readmission reduction efforts, and development of policies and procedures when requested
Must be approved to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the state of North and South Carolina. Eligible for prescriptive authority application through the Board of Nursing or Medical Board in North and South Carolina. Must have or be eligible for a DEA license. BLS for Healthcare Provider from AHA required with expiration date greater than 90 days from date of beginning practice. Demonstrates appropriate critical thinking, interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize and concentrate.
- Nurse Practitioner: Acute Care Nurse Practitioner -REQUIRED- will not consider any NP without certification by Atrium Guidelines. Master’s Degree or Doctorate of Nursing Practice required. License to practice as a Registered Nurse required. Certification in practice from a nationally recognized certifying body required.
- Physician Assistant: Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program required; Master’s Degree preferred. Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred.
When you join Atrium Health, you will be welcomed into an inclusive culture that celebrates and respects the contributions a diverse team can make together. Practice where your voice is valued, your passion for advancing medicine is rewarded, and you get the resources and support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In our nationally-renowned integrated health system, you can work alongside the most advanced minds in medicine to improve medicine, elevate hope and advance healing—for all.